DIY Ballerina Halloween Costume Idea Using Footed Pajamas
This is a NO sewing required costume!
Making your adult ballerina costume:
Start with one pair of Adult Footed Pajamas.
- Make a Man-Sized Tutu: (See photo below)
- Make a "needle" from a paper clip, put pink ribbon through a loop at the end, secure the loop with tape.
- Buy 3-4 feet of "netting" from a fabric store ($1.75 a yard)
- Fold the netting so it's 2 feet x 5-6 feet.
- Use the paper clip to "sew" down the middle (ask a woman how to).
- It will be difficult to pull the ribboned paper clip through - but you don't care if it rips a little - it's just a costume!
- Cut the edges so nothing's folded (makes it fluffier).
- When you get to the end pull the netting down the ribbon so it bunches up. Tie it around your waist.
- Make a Pretty Hair Bow with Pink Tassels:
- Just take 6 inches of netting from your tutu fabric, fold it like a fan, and twisty-tie it to a headband (available at drugstores). Add pink ribbon if you like.
- Make a Pair of Faux Ballerina Slippers
- By wrapping pink ribbon around your ankles.
This would be a great group costume... Think: "We're the Nutcracker"... Or a good couple costume... Him in a pink tutu and her with a goatee, dressed in black spandex - as a male ballet dancer.