DIY Big Red Dog Halloween Costume Idea Using Footed Pajamas
How to Make an Adult Big Red Dog Costume
This is a SEWING OPTIONAL costume! We used a sewing machine, but staples will work fine (see the Homemade Lobster Costume for similar construction).
How to make a Big Red Dog Costume out of a pair of red footie pjs:
- Start with one pair of Adult Footed Pajamas
- Make a pair of Red Ears & Dog Paws from Red Felt (Felt is available in a 6 foot wide version for about $5 a yard from fabric stores) Cut the shapes below.
- Sew or Staple them like you see below in "C".
- Turn them inside out.
- Cut a small tail from the scraps and safety pin it to your rump.
- Give Yourself a Big Red Dog Complexion from Red Face Paint or use "Blush" Make-Up.
- Much easier to wash off than red face paint!