DIY Care Bears Halloween Costume Idea Using Footed Pajamas
How To Make an Adult Care Bears Costume
Save money! Make a costume out of footies and you get to use the footies all year long. Do-it-yourself costumes are always better than one from the mall.
How to make a Care Bears Costume out of a pair of adult footies (this one is Cheer Bear):
- Start with one pair of Adult Footed Pajamas
- Make a Care Bears Headpiece from Pink Felt (available 6 foot wide for about $5 a yard from fabric stores) (see photo below).
- The shape on the left and the bottom make the hat.
- The long piece is sewn between the two outside pieces.
- Then cut the 2 ear pieces (below in the center), fold them in half, then fold the bottom edges in (to make them stand up better) and sew to the hat.
- Make a Care Bears Belly from Felt
- Cut a white circle, Google your favorite bear, cut the motif from felt (or paint it on).
- Affix to your footies with safety pins.
- The Care Bears Tail (in photo below top, center) can be safety pinned to your rear.
- Make a pair of Care Bears Mittens from Pink Felt (see shape on the right side of the photo below).
- Cut 2, fold them in half, sew or staple up the edges.
- Make a Care Bears Complexion
- We've been told to use women's eye shadow if you don't want to use face paint.
- The photo on the right is a real Care Bear - so he didn't have to use face paint.