DIY Garden Gnome Halloween Costume Idea Using Footed Pajamas
Homemade Adult Garden Gnome Costume:
This costume requires no sewing, but you will need a stapler.
Making your garden gnome costume:
Start with a pair of Adult Footed Pajamas
- Make the Gnome Hat from Green Felt (available 6 foot wide for about $5 a yard from fabric stores).
- Cut 2 triangles, staple them together, turn it inside out - fold up the brim.
- Cut a beard, mustache, sideburns and eyebrows from fake fur or felt and staple to the hat.
- See pic at right and below.
- Make the Gnome Tunic & Belt
- Use yellow or orange felt or fabric, cut up a large t-shirt
- Cut a buckle from posterboard or cardboard and slip the belt (made from plastic or felt) through it.
- Or just tie a sash - or sheets braided to look like rope - around your waist.
- Make the gnome pipe using orange posterboard
- Cut 2 pipe shapes, tape them together, form them to a rounded shape by bending and smooshing them and stick some oak leaves or felt in the bowl.
- Make Gnome Implements
- You can carry rakes, fishing poles, baskets, little brown jug, watering cans, lanterns, giant carrots, gnome porno mags, etc. (just checking to see if you're paying attention!) :)