DIY Hot Dog Halloween Costume Idea Using Footed Pajamas
Save money! Make a homemade adult hot dog costume out of footies and you get to use the footies all
year long. Do-it-yourself costumes are always better than one from the mall.
How to make an Adult Hot Dog Costume from red footed pajamas:
Start with one pair of Adult Footed Pajamas
- Make a Mustard Line from Yellow Felt (available 6 foot wide for about $5 a yard from fabric stores)
- Pin it to your chest.
- Make a Hot Dog Bun from Tan Felt (available 6 foot wide for about $5 a yard from fabric stores)
- We sewed a giant bun from two pieces of felt, cut arm holes and pulled it inside-out through them. Then we spray painted the edges to make it look more bun-like (see photo below).
- Make a Soda Jerk Hat (also called a Diner Cap) from the white side of some gift wrap - or butcher paper (we used a bag from the mall)
- See photo below.
- Then use a red magic marker to write "Hot Diggity Dog!" or "Eat Me" on the side of the hat.
How to fold a Soda Jerk/Diner Hat
- Try to make one from newspaper first so you can get the right size.
- A- fold in about 2 inches from one (long) side - then make a bunch of "fan folds" with the rest
- B- fold about 3 inches from one end - then fold the other end to overlap about 2 inches - cut the rest off
- C- insert one end into the other - tape it securely
- D- pull it open - put on head