DIY Pig Halloween Costume Idea Using Footed Pajamas
How to Make an Adult Pig Costume
The simple version of the pig costume (without the elaborate hat) is a NO-SEW costume!
Making an Adult Pig Costume out of a pair of adult footies:
Start with one pair of Adult Footed Pajamas
- Make The Pigs Feet from Black Felt, Posterboard or Craft Foam
- (Felt is available in a 6 foot wide version for about $5 a yard from fabric stores)
- Cut 6 rectangles - cut a large triangle out of the end of each - sew or staple the hands - do not turn them inside out!
- Put them on your hands.
- Then pin the last two on top of your feet.
- Make a Pig Mask from Pink Felt or Craft Foam Fold it in half and cut like the photo below (on the right) and tie it around your head.
"Advanced" Pig Costume:
- Make a Pig Hat - if you have a sewing machine - (use the cut 1/cut 2 stuff below) - see photo of our lovely
- model for construction. The ear pieces are folded in half, then in at the bottom so they stand up (this is basically the Care Bears hat - so make them a little more pig-like by making them more pointed on the ends).
- Then place hat on victim's head and bunch the back together and safety pin it.
- Make a Pig Tail from a Pipe Cleaner (or an old phone cord) - see photo below - wrap it around a magic marker.
Swine Flu Version?
- Make a Giant Vaccination Syringe from Posterboard or PVC
- Make sure the "Needle" on the end is made from something that won't poke anybody's eye out!
- Use cardboard, foam, styrofoam, a straw... and keep it short and blunt.
- This would make a pretty good couple costume if your wife (or husband!) was dressed as a Swedish Nurse - with balloons down his white blouse (tie the ends in front to show a little waist), short white circle skirt (add netting underneath for some "poof" - see how to make a tutu on our Ballerina Costume page), blonde wig and a white paper nurse hat with a big red cross on it. Add lots of makeup and a Swedish accent. Let the nurse carry the syringe. "We weren't going to be here tonight... he has swine flu!"