DIY Where the Wild Things Are Wolf Halloween Costume Idea Using Footed Pajamas
Where the Wild Things Are Wolf Costume
This is a no-sew costume. How to make a Max (Where the Wild Things Are) Costume out of a pair of adult footies:
Start with one pair of Adult Footed Pajamas - any color you like or cheat by buying one of our Wolf Footed Pajama Costumes - already made!
- Make a Crown from Felt - and Posterboard (Felt is available in a 6 foot wide version for about $5 a yard from fabric stores)
- The hat in the photo was made by just cutting a large piece of felt, rolling it into a cylinder and stapling it to cut posterboard.
- Staple the Bunny Ears inside (flopping out just a little).
- Cut 12" x 24" piece of Felt - sew or staple the back up so it looks like a hood - put it over your head and put the crown on top. Draw whiskers on the sides.
- Make some Foot Toppers, Buttons & Paws from Felt.
- Then pin them to your footies.
- Make a Major Tail from Fabric.
- Staple two tail-shaped pieces together and turn it inside-out. Pin to your butt.
- See diagrams below and right...
- Make a Scepter from Posterboard, Tin Foil & Duct Tape.
- Maybe use a styrofoam ball inside the top piece.
- Go wild!